Saturday, August 10, 2013

Autumn's First Sunrise

I remember the days before we had children, David and I used to get up around 5am, go to Starbucks, then to the beach and watch the sunrise.We would read our Bibles and just talk. I also remember the day I said that I couldn't wait until we have children and take them to the beach to watch the sunrise together. I looked forward to starting a tradition with them that perhaps would lead to them appreciating the simple yet magnificent beauty of the sunrise.

We started a tradition of going to the beach for sunrise service on Easter morning. We didn't make the last one though and  I really wanted Autumn to share that with us before the summer ended.

So this morning we headed out the house around 6:15a.m.to catch the 6:49 a.m. sunrise. The kids were elated. They couldn't wait to get into the water, collect seashells and build a sand castle.



Autumn and her Daddy:) I love them:)

The kids playing in the sand.

Autumn cuddling with Daddy:)













 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. ~Psalm 19:1, 4b-5

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful tradition! I'm swooning over these pictures. You can definitely see the love!

    ReplyDelete