Tuesday, May 7, 2013

One of those mornings

One morning a few weeks ago, I was getting Moriah ready for school. Like many mornings, I was frustrated with the hustle and bustle of trying to get out of the house. I'm telling you sometimes it seems that if my house isn't rebelling by not staying clean and in order, then it's conspiring against me and trying to keep me from not leaving it. To get a four year old, a three year old, myself and a nursing baby ready and out of the house seems like a mission and a battle every morning that leaves me tired before I even leave. Then another battle, maintaining my nerves because it seems like for some reason during this time of the day and during our bedtime routine I have to repeat myself a thousand times x two.

 So right after racing to get Moriah to school on time while pushing a stroller and waiting for my three year old who loves to hold the door open for every person even if they're a mile away, (He's so cute. I love him.) I run into one of the moms from Moriah's class. She was pushing a stroller of three beautiful girls and she had got just done dropping off two. I asked her if they were all hers and she said yes but no because some were foster kids. She begin to briefly tell me their testimonies and said how God has stretched her for this but how she is able to see Him in her life through these children. We got to share a little about one another, our struggles/weaknesses and words of encouragement. I even got to admire the different colors of her girls' beautiful eyes all within about fifteen minutes. She complimented me about how nice I looked which I confessed that it was one of the few things that I had that was clean since all my comfy gym clothes were in the laundry.

 That time with her was such a blessing. I felt like it was God giving us both a break and through our conversation reminding us that He is in the center of our sometimes seemingly chaos. During our conversation, I just kept on thinking and said about twice how beautiful the day was. I really enjoyed our time together that I sincerely thanked her for talking with me and as I got into the car I realized how refreshed and at peace I felt. Those fifteen minutes reminded me how special children are to God and how awesome it is that He gave us the honor to have them in our care. It reminded me that these children are His and we just have them for a short period of time before they are exposed to the world's tainted influence. So what if we have to sacrifice the luxury of ideal order and organization. I'm realizing that personally the obsession of the attainment of order and organization is many times really the desire to have control. So this is a good time in my life to practice giving the control to God.

 I also thought about and appreciated the compliment she gave to me but then I realized that she had a beauty that was so much deeper than my outfit. Seeing her, I see the example of the willingness to lay down ones life(being dedicated to raising these children) for many(not only her own but, others' children) and the beautiful story of adoption. It encouraged me to trust God and allow Him to guide my life so that when they see me they will see Jesus just as I saw Him in her.

~For even the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve,  and to give His life a ransom for many.  ~Mark 10:45

~ This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.  And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. ~1 John 3:16

~ Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~James 1:27

~For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." ~Romans 8:14-16

~Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me..." ~Mark 9:37

No comments:

Post a Comment