Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sharing is Caring

At the end of each week at my daughter's school, each child gets to choose a special gift from the treasure box for being well behaved. Admittedly, my anticipation has increased each week as she rummages through her tote bag to retrieve her trinket of choice. A few Thursdays ago was special:)

We usually eat lunch together after we pick my daughter up, but this particular day, my son and I were both hungry and we still had to run errands. So we decided to eat and then pack hers to go so that she could eat it in the car. As my daughter's class lined up for dismissal, my son eagerly ran to give her the lunch bag. She hugged him excitingly (I'm sure not just only to see him, since it seems like she's always famished after 4 hours of vpk:)) and she was just as excited to show off her treasure box toy. Before we even got inside the car, she reached down inside her bag and said "I got this for you David!" It was a yellow toy car. He exclaimed, "Thank you!!"(Like many other 3 year old boys, he loves, loves, loves cars and has tells me about every week that he has a car collection.) Then they exchanged hugs.

See this was particularly sentimental to me because I've noticed that when it comes to giving, my daughter is like me and my son is like his daddy. It's natural for he and his daddy to give. In matter of fact my son expresses his love through sharing, and when someone doesn't accept whatever he offers, (which is usually his last of something) he gets kind of offended. I wouldn't say that it's natural for my daughter and I to share. We have to be taught.:) So this was partly why I couldn't stop smiling. It touched me to know that my daughter had to choose just one thing and she chose something not for herself but for her brother. Then I thought, Yes! She gets it...wow is this how God feels when we give unselfishly? It's great to give when we have a lot, but it's a wonderful sacrifice to give when we don't have much especially while it's done with a willing and cheerful heart.

Is there anything that God has been pressing on your heart to share but it hasn't been easy to? If it's easy for you to share your materials, what about intangibles like your time or your testimony?

~And do not forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Hebrews 13:16

No comments:

Post a Comment